Friday, April 23, 2010

the boy met the girl.

Well, it's official: Boy did, in fact, meet Girl. Tonight's Eyetique event was a success. I arrived at 6:30 p.m., as requested, and met with B.K., the writer/director of the web series. She's so lovely, and it was really nice to see her again. She filled me in on what was supposed to happen once "Boy" arrived.

The goal was to have Boy (Michael Marra) mingle with the guests from 7-8 p.m. Then, at 8 p.m., Norman Childs, the mastermind behind Eyetique, would make some announcements and proceed to show the 5-part web series on a large screen. After the fifth episode, Boy would grab the microphone and ask the guests if any of them had seen Girl--whom he described as "freakishly tall", by the way--because he'd invited her to meet him there.

Yes, Boy has quite the sense of humor.

Anyway, I'd be waiting in a secret location until I was brought out into the crowd during Boy's speech. He was to be interrupted by my "friend" Evan, in the audience, who would yell, "Yes! She's right here!" Then I'd go up and meet Boy at the front of the party, we'd see each other, say, "Nice glasses!" and then kiss.

I haven't kissed another man aside from the Ross-a-tron in five years. This was, um, nerve-wracking. I enjoy kissing the Ross-a-tron. And only the Ross-a-tron. Like, a lot. I forget that as an actor, sometimes you have to kiss people.

Oh, and did I mention that Boy and I would both be wearing autographed Pittsburgh Penguins jerseys? (Nora, I'm looking at you.) That would be another one of the "cute" things about us: we like the same coffee, we like the same coffee shop, and we both arrive at a party wearing Pens' jerseys. (So much for my fussing and fretting over what to wear! It was covered up anyway!)

All of this did, in fact, transpire, and I got to sit in Eyetique's back storage room, alone, for 45-minutes so as to stay hidden from the public (which was very lonely and Not Fun At All), and when it finally came time for Boy and me to kiss, Boy decided to give me Quite the Kiss: a very dramatic smooch, in which he dipped me and performed what I shall henceforth refer to as One Hell of a Stage Kiss. There was much whooping and hollering from the crowd, to say the least. After that One Hell of a Stage Kiss, I reconsidered my previous decision to put on mint lip gloss. Messy, I tell you. Quite.

Afterwards, we all watched the blooper reel from the web series (which left me in tears from laughing so hard) and stayed for a bit to chat with guests. Finally, I went with B.K. to this wonderful little place called The Wine Loft, where we met up with Nancy Mosser, the city's premiere casting director, and her friend Tom. The four of us had a really lovely time, not to mention delicious wine and killer chocolate molten lava cake.

Being an actress does have its perks sometimes.

with love from Pittsburgh,
Laura (a.k.a. Girl)

p.s. If you missed the web series, go here. Enjoy.

4 lovely bits o' feedback.:

Akirah said...

Aww...it sounds like you had a good time. I hope it was a little pick-me-up, considering the feelings you've been having lately.

Anthony said...

You look great. I hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

how fun!!!

krista said...

isn't it funny how the whole "kissing" thing becomes weird once we're in a relationship? although i've never really felt anything during any stage kiss whatsoever. they're usually so awkward, what with EVERYONE WATCHING. but i love the dip kiss. well played, boy.
:-)