I've having an awesome time these days.
1. I've had a migraine since yesterday afternoon. Despite my efforts to combat this thing with Excedrin Migraine, which usually works, it just does not want to go away. Thus, I'm nauseous, in pain, sensitive to light and sound, etc. But, I'm still typing a blog post. I need to get my priorities straight, apparently. I'm also grumpy. Like, a lot.
2. At work today, my computer got infected with an internet virus. Have you ever had that happen? No? Well, let me break it down for you: your computer basically looks you in the face and screams IHATEYOUSOMUCHANDWILLMAKEYOURLIFEALIVINGHELL! All of my files--every. single. one.--are infected. I can't open any internet browsers. I have loads of pop-ups that just keeping, well, popping up and telling me such-and-such-a-file is infected. Even the computer tech people at my work couldn't troubleshoot it over the phone. I now have no working computer. The tech people actually have to come to my office, sit at my computer, and try to fix it. And who knows when that will be. So, until then, I'm stuck. I can't do my job. Awesome.
3. I'm convinced I have a brain tumor. No, really. I am. I've been forgetful beyond explanation lately, I can't concentrate, I've been putting things away in the wrong places, I've been misplacing things, and, finally, see #1.
4. My face has broken out in huge, painful zits. And I have a photo shoot on Sunday. Awesome.
5. I accidentally left my debit card in the ATM machine late on Saturday night. I called my bank on Sunday, they checked the machine and confirmed my card was there, and then I told them I'd be by to pick it up. I showed up less than 48 hours later to get it, and their response? "Oh, we destroyed it. We do that if it hasn't been claimed within 24 hours."
Their way of fixing the problem? "We'll mail you out a new one. You'll have it in 7-10 business days."
I'm leaving for Wisconsin in a week. For a wedding. For which I need money. In order to pay my hotel bill. And I don't want to write a check.
6. I was going to continue, but re-reading all five of those is enough. Let's stop at five. I'm going to take a nap.
with love from Pittsburgh,